Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hot and Humbled!

Hey,
These last couple of days have been packed with so many new experiences and emotions that I couldnt possibly describe before they kick me out of this internet cafe! I used a squat toilet for the first time, which wasnt bad after all!!! When you gotta go, you gotta go. The food has been AMAZING!!!!!! I cant wait to share all my pics of the food. Well they are kicking me outta here after all.......I did visit the War Remnants Museum. It wasnt so much the experience within the museum that got to me, but the fact that I walked around and experienced it with my new Vietnamese friends. I cant explain the hurt in my heart for these people and how welcoming they have been with me and everyone else. I think my heart hurts, because of the ignorance from those at home who are so narrow minded that they can not look past their misconceptions about what happend during the War, much less the beautiful country Viet Nam is today. You all have NO idea how much we can learn from this country! I will try and tell you more tomorrow or in a couple of days.....thanks for your kinds words.
Ashley

No comments: