Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tatooed Passport....anxiously waiting!

This weekend was the Tet Party at my former professors' home. I wasnt able to attend, which saddened me, but I am hopeful to see everyone soon. I keep thinking about SE Asia, not a day goes by that something doesnt remind me of the beautiful countries and experiences I encountered. It may be that I have completely changed my tastes in my home decor to that of my 'memorabilia' of the trip and the culture...which has also spread to my office at work. I suppose this is just my way of not letting go! My husband loves it - I wished he had been able to go with me!!

This brings me to the reason I am posting a new journal.....this time last year I was submitting my application for my passport. It arrived from the government blank, a clean slate of uncharted territory.....now its adorned with beautifully tatooed images of countries that accepted me, somewhat. I want to go back so badly this year. I suppose because of the fact that I now know what to expect, at least in terms of the culture, HUMIDITY, the smells, the stares, the smog, etc. I also know that each time I return, it will be a new and exciting experience.

I changed jobs about 5 months ago, so I know that I will not be able to travel this year - well I could, but only for two weeks at a time. Actually if I hadnt switched jobs I do not think my previous employer would have allowed me to go either. Its on my mind - I suppose the trip was addicting. I feel a travel bug creeping up....what a person would do to travel?? Well, to let you know - my passport is ready and waiting. I have all my shots and would be ready to go....maybe next year?!?
Peace ~ Ashley

No comments: