Sunday, June 3, 2007

Sunday in Long Xuyen

Xin Chao ('sin chow' - hello),
Just wanted to check in. The whole city of Long Xuyen was down due to a storm last night. The cable, internet and power were all out except for places with backup generators--luckily this included our hotel. THus, it has only taken me like 23 minutes to load this page while I chat to my husband (who I miss!!!!!!!!!!!) online. HAHA, so I miss my DSL and Cabel modems!! I am guessing because the power was out in many places, the city was pretty calm. We had a relaxing Sunday, breakfast and some downtime and then my roomate and I took a rickshaw (sp??) to this awesome restaurant that serves these Vietnamese crepes, which are similar to an omlet...only 10 times better!!! Then we went shopping at their "big" mall, which is like a nice target with escalators and is 4 floors! HAHA, but seriously i found a few gifts for people, so I am really excited!
We have two more classes and then we will be traveling to Cambodia. I am really excited. I have waited all this time to see Angkor Wat and it is so soon!!! I will update more hopefully after the next two classes!
Thanks for all the messages.....Feel free to post or send me a message via Yahoo! email!
Peace ~ Ash

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ash- I'm so glad that you are having such a good time. I still can't wait for you to come home but I do know how excited you were to see Angkor Wat! I hope the experience for you is awesome! Wanted to let you know Hospice called me and wanted for formally offer me the position and to see if i could start this Tuesday 6/5!! I'm holding out my obligation to Woodlands cause you never know, I just might want to go back one day....anyway....miss you much and I hope you have the time of your life....love you
~rach

Kelly said...

Hey there! I cannot wait to see all your pictures. I am trying to visualize what it looks like there and what you are experiencing but it's hard.
Thanks for the postcard! That was a great surprise.
Adam is doig a wonderful job keeping everyone informed.